“Once I dreamed we were together again, baby you and me
Back home in those old clubs the way we used to be
We were standin' at the bar it was hard to hear
The band was playin' loud and you were shoutin' somethin' in my ear
You pulled my jacket off and as the drummer counted four
You grabbed my hand and pulled me out on the floor
You just stood there and held me, then you started dancin 'slow
And as I pulled you Tighter I swore I'd never let you go "
As a child I used to dream incredible. Dreams 4D. In the sense that I felt in my dreams realistic sensations like heat of the sun or its smell, sensations of which it retains a vivid memory today. I used to dream hyperrealists , in which the feelings were more true of the real, the fields greener, the sky bluer, the people most real and sincere.
Maybe I happened because I was a sleeper, and we know that dreams are more real than those of the late morning. I remember that I even categorized the type of dreams according to the time when you leave dreaming the dreams asleep just surreal, at 3 am as dark and nightmares, and those in the morning full of people and fantastic places.
As a child I liked to dream so much that I thought I had coded the methods to help you choose the dreams you want (the method was to think about the subject at the time of sleep, but only for a few moments, as if not exhausting), and I liked realize a dream in my dreams (it's called lucid dreaming ) for being able to move freely within it. I wondered then if there was a world in my dreams, if that dream was equipped with independent living, or if it was an illusion and when I turned away objects and people disappear ... I used to dream so beautiful that I was also trying to pick up the thread in case I wake up and cradled me in their memory even when awake, in the day.
had set the applicants, for example, imposing city, or recurrent dreams as a nightmare in which the lift after having pressed the button instead of going to the basement started, and I knew that doors would open in total darkness of the basement (many times as a child I had this nightmare, which fortunately ended on time to the appearance in the dark). From
child I dreamed a lot, and a warm ray of sunlight on the skin was able to enter my dream to join. But I continued to dream with great pleasure even as a boy. As a teenager I used to dream of my girl crush to school, and even to kiss her, to my disappointment upon waking (in high school I was pretty much back and clumsy in relations with the girls anyway ... and my erotic dreams were regularly interrupted by the most beautiful awakening).
It is said that if you dream of being in love with a person, it remains sensitive for days, most recently happened to me the opposite: a girl told me she had dreamed of making love with me, and that was extraordinary. How dare I could really do in reality and confront me with the super-dreamy risk of disappointing in that virtual memory?
also several "older" I often dream of my first love in a dream whenever any reasons which led us to leave and return as happy as ever ... I wanted to see, as I imagine everyone talking to his grandfather that no longer exists, or stroking Reif, beloved German Shepherd grew up with me but inevitably gone before ... all dreams were filled with sunshine and happiness.
Then one day, I happened to be stopped dreaming, or at least I have stopped dreaming emotions and colors . Today I do not know if I still dreams at night: certainly if I do have dreams faded, gray, tiring, unpleasant, without much sense, and forget them as soon swallowed up by the reality of waking up.
short, for some reason I lost the key input of world of dreams.
Without this background it is no wonder that newly enrolled in medicine was very interested in neuro-physiology. I went inside the institute as a student with a great interest in dream activity: at first I was wondering if you could devise a way to "shoot" dreams. In any case I wanted to understand why is dreaming. Although it may seem strange, you have no idea not even clear why we sleep better. The most basic living things do not sleep: the sleep does not appear to a certain level of evolution, when the brain is complex and has cerebral cortex, which is the locus of consciousness and thought. Nor do we sleep to rest the body, as common sense would seem to suggest: If rimanessimo lying all night without moving, in the morning would still be destroyed by fatigue and sleep.
What is certain is that we sleep to dream, and during sleep, our brain does not rest at all, but rather has a very intense activity. In my day the official explanation of the dream was to serve for transferring memories from short-term memory than a Long term: a kind of unwinding experience daytime, perhaps to choose to remember what it matters. At the time he seemed an acceptable explanation, but today I wonder why we should revise our day under metaphor instead clear.
left the Institute, I continued playing around in my interest in the world of dreams in literature (as a child I read a book that I still remember: "the little man that stopped the dreams" ) and in film, in those rare films that have a strong dream content, such as the beloved Eyes Wide Shut Stanley Kubrick. I've thought of reviewing a recent wonderful film that has had little success, especially in Italy - perhaps in part because of the title. The film is Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind , a charming story about the possibility of erasing the memories, which takes place within the dream of a disappointed lover who struggles to put away their memories that had foolishly want to delete.
Losing the memories of what we experienced, even the bad times, it would be like not having lived at all.
0 comments:
Post a Comment